Sunday, March 6, 2011

P.M.S Cooks! Stew and Biscuits & Latest Looks

Hey all, another entry look into my cooking and makeup hobbies. Let's start with the food!

Today's post is yet another stew lol. Here's the rundown:
Prep time: ~9 hours (8 of which were prepping the soup bones)
Ingredients: beef stock & meat (from soup bones), 3 chopped green onions, 4 grated parsnips, several small potatoes cubed (probably 3-4 large ones), fresh rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, sage.

Instructions: cook beef bones for about half an hour with rosemary, some crumbled sage, and Worcestershire sauce. Boil/simmer/cook in water for about 8 hours for broth. Remove meat and bones, let cool, then put meat back in. Add potatoes, parsnip, onion and more rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, and sage. Then you're good to go! It's actually better the next day, as the parsnip flavor mellows a bit and is less harsh.



Yum!

Oh, I almost forgot what I whipped up to accompany the stew!

Cheese Biscuits!

These were just a basic biscuit recipe you can find anywhere, with added shredded cheese. Very yummy when nice and hot with butter/margarine.

On to the makeup looks. Well, I've done a few. Not all of them were great, but these are my two favorites from the past week or so.

First was a dupe of a pink/gray smoky eye. I wanted to do a bit of a toned-down version, as it was pretty intense and I'm still not sure how crazy of makeup I can pull off well. So here's how it looked. As a dupe, it was awful, but as a look, it looked really nice.




The gray is e.l.f and the pink is L'Oreal Hi-Intensity Pigment Eye Shadow in Brazen (it's a duo with a brown. The grays were sparkly and the pink is matte.

This was the second look, from the other day.



The eyes are with a Bonnebell 4-set called Backstage Beauty Browns. For powder, they're really creamy and go on really nice. I used the silvery brown, the purply brown, and a coppery brown for this. I used L'Oreal Glam Shine Juice in Mambo Juice for my lips, and my usual mascara- L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen in Black. No foundation or anything, I'm usually too lazy or rushed, and my face doesn't like too much stuff on it. Blush is random stuff I've had forever.

Well that's about it. This week is a very exciting one, I'll have my first thoughts on Dragon Age II up for sure sometime. As to what else, I'm not sure yet. Perhaps a day-of-release makeup look. For now, I'll leave you with an amazing early song from my very favorite band!

No comments:

Post a Comment